Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Sound of Music

As a kid I loved watching "The Sound of Music" I think it is one of the reasons I love musicals so much. Well the last 24 hours (almost) I have had one of the songs in my head and I can't get it our. Hopefully if I blog about it maybe I can get the song out of my head. Don't get me wrong I like the song but it gets really old after a few hours. What is the song you ask...."May Favorite Things" sung by Maria when there is a tone of thunder and lightning. The part of the song that keeps going threw my head is: When the dog bites when the bee stings when I'm feeling sad... I know you are wondering why this song why this part of the song. Well let me explain. I am afraid of dogs not all dogs just big ones that bark at me for no reason. So I am kinda of a chicken but I am OK with that. I signed up to take a lady in our ward dinner since she is a little tide up at the moment. So I double what I was making for dinner so there was enough for her and her family as well as mine. I made a dessert and them proceed to load my kids in the car and take it over to her. I pulled into her drive way and there was her 2 dogs. A larger dog and a smaller dog. The larger one has scared me in the past since his bark it kinda frightening. I left the Kids in the car grabbed the food and walked slowly to the door. The husband came out to meet me and let me in the gate. As we were standing there getting ready to open the door and the pain hit me. (dang it I wasn't planing on crying as I typed this) I looked at him and said your dog just bit me. He said "Oh! that is why we have the gate up!" Well even though they have a little gate up so the dog can't get the the front door the dog was still able to rest his paws on the gate and bite my leg 3 inches below my butt. I proceeded into the house gave them the dinner and left. As soon and I got home I ran into the bathroom striped my pants down to see how bad it really was. (sorry no pictures) I wasn't bleeding but I have a one inch by two inch nasty bruise and some skin is peeling off. I have vowed and Lance reassured this for me that is will not be returning to this home. Now I sing...When the dog bites when the bee sting when I'm feeling sad... I just hope i am the 1st and last person that dog bites.

5 comments:

David and Jana said...

so sorry about that! How sad! Hope the dog had shots up to date!

Lisa Love said...

Carolyn! You had me crying!! I can't believe that happened to you! You get some extra blessings for that one for sure. I love that you are now singing that song. What a trooper! You can bring dinner to me next time - I don't have any dogs and I've trained Ben not to bite. :)

Carolyn said...

Lisa I love you! You make me laugh. I have been told by a few people that is need to have a Dr. take a look at it but I am not sure. It doesn't look that bad to me!

Unknown said...

Oh my! That is horrible. Did the owners even apologize of offer anything. You do need to go to the DR. for sure especially if you haven't had a tetnus shot for 7+years. Good Luck!

Hillary said...

Oh my goodness! I can't believe that happened. I agree that you should go to the doctor, just to be on the safe side.