Friday, February 19, 2010

"Santa"

The weather here in Yuma is fantastic in the winter so a lot of "Snow Birds"(I like to call them "old fogies") come down here to get away from the snow and ice. A lot of them are LDS and we have a branch for them that meets every Sunday at 8:45am in the same building that our ward meets. The Branch is quite large but would be larger if 1/2 of them would stop coming to our ward. We meet at 10:15am on Sunday. So it has been 3 weeks that we have gotten to church on time and there wasn't any more room in the Chapel and they can't open it up to overflow into the gym because the Snow bird branch is having their last meeting in there. So we stand in the hall take the sacrament and then go and sit in the Relief Society room and listen to the rest of the meeting there. I am a little bitter sorry.
Four weeks ago we were sitting in the very last row close to the door, when a couple of Snow Birds came in to sit down. The man had a large pure white beard and was kinds round in the middle area. Cohen looked and me and said in the sweetest whisper "Mom is that Santa"? I smiled and tried not to laugh as I shook my head. I then leaned over to Lance to tell him what Cohen had said. He told Cohen that he was one of his helpers I bet. Cohen liked that answer. I wanted to tell the old man what Cohen had said but I haven't seen him since (maybe because I haven't been able to even enter the Chapel in the last 3 weeks!
Cohen I just want you to know that we love you and all your cute sayings.

No comments: