Thursday, February 11, 2010

Sugar Cookie Recipe

Today at Preschool we decorated sugar cookies. I made my normal recipe but instead of White flour I used Whole Wheat. I wasn't sure if they would be any good. To my surprise they were a big hit. The mom's also like them and asked for the recipe. So instead of sending out a mass e-mail I am posting it.

Old-Fashioned Sugar Cookies
2c. sugar 5 1/2 tsp baking powder
1c. margarine 2tsp vanilla
4 eggs 4to5 c. Flour (white or wheat)
1 tsp salt
Cream together sugar and margarine. Beat in eggs until light. Add remaining ingredients. Bake in ungreased cookie sheet at 350 for 8 to 10 minutes.
You may roll out dough and cut into shapes, or drop onto cookies sheet and mash down. Sprinkle with sugar before you bake or frost if desired.

1 comment:

Lisa Love said...

Thanks Carolyn!! These cookies were the best. I hope mine turn out as yummy as yours. I'll let you know.