Sunday, April 11, 2010

A New Calling

At church they changed a few people around to fill in the gaps where other had moved away. Lance and I teach the in the primary, the 7 turning 8 class. I am also in charge of Personal Progress with the Young Women. I enjoy serving my Heavenly Father in any way I can.

I got a phone call Tuesday night from the Bishops clerk. He informed me that the Bishop would like to see me at 6:30pm. I let the clerk know that I would be there. I knew as soon as I hung up the phone that I was going to be getting a new calling. You see my good friends Jennifer T moved away and not too long ago. She was the 2nd counselor in the Young Women’s Program at church. I knew that since she was moving that they would be calling at least one person to fill her calling. 6:30pm rolled around and I headed to the church to meet with Bishop Harris. He asked me if I would be willing to serve as the Young Women’s Secretary. I accepted and let him know that I didn’t want to be released from the Personal Progress. He let me know that that was not going to be a problem.

At church on Sunday the called a whole new Young Women’s Presidency with:
Heather S. –President
Shelly H –1st Counselor
Marsha N –2nd Counselor
Carolyn K (me)-Secretary

After they called our names they asked for all in favorer of these women serving in these calling raise your right hand. As I went to raise my hand Jordan tried to pull it back down. She apparently protested. I had a good laugh over that.

I am so excited I love each one of these women dearly and can’t wait to get to know them better.

5 comments:

Patrick and Jennifer Thompson said...

Congratulations!!!! And thank you for posting everyone's names so that I could see who was taking our places. The Young Women are going to have a ton of fun!!!

Sabra said...

That sounds like an awesome group of ladies. Fun!

keller said...

You'll love Young Womens. I've been the first counselor for almost 2 years now and love it!

David and Jana said...

I'm in YW too! I love it. Its busy and time consuming, but the girls need good examples! So excited for you!

Melissa said...

Congratulations! You'll be great!