Monday, January 18, 2010

Kaelyn Is full of questions

Kaelyn and Cohen for a while have wanted to marry a few of my siblings. Kaelyn wants to marry Uncle Vince (22) and Cohen wants to marry Aunt Charlene (18). Lance and I have played along since they are young and don't understand the concept yet. Then They thought it would be fun to marry each other. The other day Kaelyn told me that she can't marry Uncle Vince or Cohen because Vince is her uncle and Cohen is her brother and that isn't right. I found out latter Lance had told her this. I told her that she was right and that she needed to marry someone that isn't part of her family. She thought for a while and started to color. A few minutes latter she piped up again saying "Well can I Marry Wesley?" I told her if he asked her to marry him it was alright with me. She liked that answer and went back to coloring. A few minutes latter she had a new question "Mommy how did you know that you were going to marry Daddy?" I smiled and sat next to her and told her that Daddy had asked me and then I prayed to know if he was the one I was to marry. She said "Oh so I can pray too and see if I can marry Wesley." I just smiled at her. Next thing I know she is kneeling on the floor in the living room praying. This is what I heard: "Dear Heavenly Father thank you for this day, bless me to be good and listen to my parents and make good choices. Oh and Heavenly Father can I marry Wesley? in the name of Jesus Christ Amen." It was so cute. I just had to share it with all of those who read our family blog.

2 comments:

David and Jana said...

oh my goodness! that is so cute! the faith of a child. Can't we all be like that? thanks for sharing.

Carrie said...

Kids are the best. We would be so bored without them! I'm glad you found me. What a cute little family you have. It would be so fun to get together again, but we moved to Mesa almost 2 years ago...I am assuming you have stayed put. It will be fun to have you as a blogger buddy!