Monday, January 18, 2010

Date Night and Hannah Babysat

Friday night Lance and I went to see "Blind Side" at the Marine Base. It's great they have only one viewing screen but it cost only $2 a person. I called Hannah (one of the girls from church) to see if she was available. She was on one condition, Her parents were going out as well and didn't want to leave Parley (9 years old)home alone. So they wanted to know if he could come along. I was fine with Parley coming, he is a good kids and loves my kids.
When the movie got over we headed home and discussed the amount we wanted to pay Hannah. Lance thought it would be a good idea to pay Parley some as well. So we decided on a price for each of them. I took Hannah and Parley home and gave them their payment and thanked them for watching the kids. As I drove home I thought..Hannah's mom will be calling me in the morning to tell me I shouldn't have paid Parley. I didn't care since Parley helped and we didn't pay Hannah any less then normal even thought Parley came too. I told Lance and he just smiled he felt the same way I did about the situation.
In the morning I got up and took Jordan to the park where I was meeting a few friends to walk 3 miles. After my walk I planed on meeting Lance, Kaelyn and Cohen at the softball field so Lance could play softball. We all got home around Noon and sure enough the message light was blinking. I listened to it and called Hannah and Parley's mom back. We discussed that she wanted Parley to give the money back because we had not called him to babysit we had called Hannah to. We went back and forth for a while and I finally said okay he can give the money back if it will make you feel better. Neither one of us was mad. she just wanted Parley to be honest and she didn't think it was honest to take money for something he wasn't hired to do.
After I hung up Lance said he was needed some help in the yard and my car needed to be washed and he wanted Parley to come help him. So he called The family back and said the Parley could keep the money if he would come over and help him in the yard and help me wash my car. Parley was more than willing to come and help. He was also glad he could keep the money.
Next time we want Hannah to come and babysit we will ask if Parley can babysit too.

No comments: