Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A Helping Hand

After Cohen and Jordan went down for their naps I went to lay down. Kaelyn came into talk to me and this was our conversation:
Kaelyn: Mom Jordan's awake
Me: Oh good. Will you play with her for a few more minutes?
Kealyn: sure and she left
10 minutes latter
Kaelyn: Mom, Mom (trying to wake me up)
Me: What! (not happy to be woken up)
Kaelyn: Jordan peed in her Diaper so I changed her.
Me: oh well thanks you. You didn't have to.
Kaelyn: I know (then she was gone again)
Letter......
Kaelyn: Mom mommy (again waking me up)
Me: Yes Kaelyn (a little annoyed)
Kaelyn: So Jordan pooped in her diaper....and so I changed her...
Me: Seriously? bring her here (to my surprise she did a wonderful job both time).
Me: Thank you Tate you are awesome.
Kaelyn: I knew you didn't feel well and wanted rest so I changed her for you.
She then proceeded to tell me of her experience changing a stinky diaper. I will spare you the details.
Kaelyn I love you and I am not sure what I am going to do when you go to all day Kindergarten.
Just a side note Kaelyn has never changed a diaper before now and I have never expected her to ever change a diaper.

2 comments:

Betty said...

She is really cute, that shows you that she watches very close when you change diapers

Lisa Love said...

Kaelyn (did I spell that right?) is a remarkable little girl. I expect big things from her!! Good thing she has such a great mom. :)