Wednesday, April 11, 2012

How do you know?

While braiding Kaelyn's hair for school this morning she asked me a question that stopped me in my tracks.  She is a very smart girl and ask a lot of intelligent questions but this one questions made me tear up.  "Mom, how do you know the church is true?" Yeah I was caught off guard since she is only 7 years old and wanted to know how to gain a testimony.   She makes me so proud.  I informed her that I   read the scriptures and prayed to Heavenly Father.  I also told her that when she gets a warm feeling in her chest.  I asked her if she had ever sang a song in Primary where she felt a feeling of peace or she wanted to cry happy tears.  Yes she said.  I told her that feeling is from Heavenly Father telling her that what she was singing or reading or hearing was true. 
 I am so proud of her for wanting to know so soon how to gain a testimony.  Love you Kaelyn

No comments: