Sunday, May 22, 2011

Aunt Edna

My Dad only has one sister Edna who is 7 years older than him. She and her husband Bill have lived in California in the same house for as long as I can remember and long before that. Since Lance and I have lived in Yuma we realized that they were only 3 hours away so we tried to visit them often. It has been so fun to get to know them better and for them to get to know my kids as well. For the past 3 years Aunt Edna has been ill and in the Hospital a few times. I had the opportunity to go and visit her on one occasion when she was in the hospital. I was 9 months pregnant with Jordan and feeling quite LARGE! I rode over with my dad who along with my mom had flown in from Wa the day before. When I entered her room I was taken back at home much she looked like my grandmother who had passed way when I was 9. As I told her this she smiled and told me how taken back she was that I looked so much like my mother. It was a great experience to be with her and hold her hand while she laid there in her hospital bed. Within 2 days of going to see her she was released from the hospital and sent home with an Oxygen tank. We were all pleased to see she was getting better. Three Years passed and I got a phone call from my dad saying she had a heart attack and had passed away. My parents drove down and stayed with us and we drove up to my uncle’s place and visited with Family and went to the funeral. It was hard to see my uncle and cousins so sad. I knew in my heart she was in a better place and wasn't in any pain. I loved her dearly and will miss her.

No comments: