Sunday, November 1, 2009

5K Run/Walk 2009

So a few friends of mine (Mary and Liz)talked me into doing a 5K with them. Mary had a baby 2 months ago and also has 2 older daughters Hanna 11 and Jenna 9. I brought my double stroller and Put Jordan in that. They had 2 races, a one mile race and a 5K race. You had the choice of Running or walking them and you could do both or only one. Hanna and Jenna wanted to do the one mile and so Liz Mary and I tagged along. I called the one mile my warm up. Then it was time for the 5K. My 2 friends walked with me for a 1.2 laps and then decided that the wanted to jog the rest. I continues to walk. Jordan fell asleep on the 2nd lap. As I got to the last 1/2 mile Liz came back for me and took the stroller so I could run the rest of the way to the finish line. I am not the great of a runner but I am working hard to get better and better. I was so proud of myself for sticking it out and making it to the end. I felt so good afterwords. I reached a goal and I intend to be able to run for a longer amount of time. Next month there will be another one so I will be Running/walking in that one too. Wish me luck.

No comments: