Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The Note

So it's Sunday Lance was getting thing together for his class (he teaches the 14 and 15 year old)so I took all tree kids to Sacrament Meting ALONE. It wasn't that bad until Kealyn and Cohen decided they both needed to use the restroom at the same time. So I picked up Jordan, who was plying so nice next to me on the bench and headed to the restroom. Thank Heavens for Savannah who had thrown a a fit earlier so her mommy would take her out of the meting. As I walked by I sat Jordan on the floor with Savannah and took the other two to the restroom. What would I do with out my Ward Family? So the rest of the meting went well. When the meting was over I grabbed all 3 kids and took them to their classes. They both went with out a fight and I headed to Lance's class to help out with Jordan in tow. A friend stooped me in the hall to talk to me about something (I don't remember what) and as we finished she handed me a little note. I then proceeded to Lance's class. The class had not started yet so I had a little time. I sat down got Jordan situated on the floor with toys and her milk and pulled out the note. I red it to myself and teared up, it was a wonderful little note and it made me feel amazing. Here is what the note said:
Carolyn,
I just want you to know
that I think you are a
wonderful mother. I can
see how much you love your
children and how much they
love you. You are patient,
cheerful and kind to everyone.
Thank you for your example.

I am leaving the authors name out. I just want her to know that is really appreciate her. I enjoy being around her. She is like a sister to me. She is a great friend. Sometimes it is the simple things in life that do the most good. I shall cherish this note always and pull it out when I am feeling down. Thanks again deer sister I love you.

2 comments:

Hillary said...

What a sweet note! I'm sure that just made your day, Carolyn! What a sweet friend to give you such an uplifting note like that.

Sabra said...

What a thoughtful thing to do. You should keep it in your scriptures, so you can read over it on crazy Sundays.