Wednesday, October 15, 2008

2 Times In My Life!!

As you know I live in what Lou Dora calls "Purgatory" because it is so hot in Yuma all the time. Well it is finally cooling off and I am loving it. In fact it has been
nice enough that we can play out side and not have to worry about heat exhaustion. I am loving the fact I can keep my windows open all day and the house stay under 80 degrees.
On Monday Lance mowed the back yard. I wasn't home so he had all 3 kids and this made mowing the front yard a bit of a chore. So I decided that since it was cool out at 1 pm that I would surprise him and mowed the front yard. I have only mowed the lawn once and that was back when I was 17 and it was my parents yard. Stop laughing I know i have had a cushy life. I was told by Estyn that I didn't do such a good job so I kind of haven't tried since. So here I am with the Lawn mower on the grass all confident that I can do this because we have a small front yard... I tried 3 timed to start the mower and realized I didn't have the handle held down right so i held it down and still couldn't get it to start. Just then our new neighbor comes home and he greets me with a kind hello and I say hello back... and then I say could you do me a favor and start this for me, I am such a weakling...Just so you know this is the first time I have met the man. He starts it for me and I am off. Thanks to my Abilify I didn't get angry and frustrated. I love modern medicine.

2 comments:

David and Jana said...

I still have never mowed our lawn and my parents didn't have one. Lake Havasu, go figure! I did clean house for a lady who had a lawn and mowed hers a couple of times, but I was 17 and I got paid.
I decided I didn't ever want it to be my job. One of my friends suprised me and came over to mow our lawn. (David is never home) and she said "Where is your lawn mower?" to which I honestly replied, "I have no idea!"

Ansley said...

Hey good job! I mow our lawn ALL the time! I used to do it alot when I was younger too and my parents front and back yard are way bigger than ours! :o) JR is never home and when he finally gets home from work it's too dark or he is too tired. So oh well! Ain't nothing wrong with a woman mowing the lawn! We are pretty much better at everything anyways! :o)